To our Spinach readers and web searchers – Happy Earth Day! This month is my one-year anniversary with the Spinach blog and I will say it has been a happy one-year relationship.
Here is my Top 10 List of things you should do this Earth Day:
- Take your trash out and dump it in the closest park near your home
- Go for a very long drive, in a Land Rover
- Pour some hazardous chemicals in your street drain
- Cut down one tree for every year of your age
- Start a bonfire with random materials like Styrofoam, asbestos and tires
- Throw some grocery store plastic bags in the ocean or river near your house
- Make sure your house is being supplied by oil or coal power ONLY
- Spray extra untested pesticides on your fruit and vegetables
- Sit idle all day, don’t even move to refill your soda, keep the soda bottle at your feet
- Put your newspapers , junk mail, and cardboard boxes in your regular trash; actually put those in the bonfire, see #5
I hope those gave you a laugh. Continue to enjoy and appreciate the outdoors, use public transportation, and only use the energy you really need – you’ll find it will save you money and it will be better for your health! Have a great day!